Askem was built to respect user privacy. Privacy policies in 'legalese' are impossible to understand, so we translated them for you.
For web users
Askem is used by site owners to analyze the quality and usage of their content and to offer a channel for the end users to give feedback. Askem is not used to track or identify users. We pour all our efforts into making all data anonymous. We proudly claim that end user privacy is one of our most important competitive advantages.
Askem does not collect personally identifiable information, but it saves a browser specific random-generated ID into first-party cookie-like local storage (referred to as a cookie). The cookie is needed for composing analytics and reports for the site owner. It cannot be used to identify users. The cookie is valid for 30 days and is removed automatically upon expiration.
The following data can be associated with the cookie:
- Type of device and browser used
- Visited pages on the site
- Time spent on a page
- From which URL the user browsed to a page
- What reactions the user gave on a page
- Where the user shared a page
- What feedback the user left on a page
A first party cookie is data collected by Askem that can only be used in the domain of the customer that has the buttons on their site.
We have signed a Data Protection Agreement with all our customers and we act as a data processor. (The whole agreement, including the DPA, is here: https://www.askem.com/terms-of-service)
Askem does not use third party cookies and therefore cannot combine information about the users between multiple sites.
All data is saved and stored within the European Union and according to the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and applicable national legislation.
Askem is developed by React & Share Oy (a Finnish limited liability company, "React & Share").
React & Share only stores the data necessary to effectively provide the Askem Dashboard and this website to you.
React & Share collects needed personal information to be able to provide the subscribed service to the customer.
React & Share uses third party analytics services to track how their services and website are used.
React & Share uses third party marketing and communication services to collect information about customers and leads and communicate with them.
Last updated: 22nd February, 2022
Your privacy and the security of your personal information is important to React & Share Oy (“React & Share”). React & Share is committed to protecting the personal data it receives about you in connection with your use of the askem.com website and the Askem services (the askem.com website and the Askem services are referred to together as the “Askem Service”).
1. THE PERSONAL DATA REACT & SHARE COLLECTS
1.1 Information collected from you
In order to enable your registration and use of the Askem Service, React & Share needs to collect certain information from you, by which you are individually identifiable (i.e. your personal data). The data React & Share collects from you may include business contact information, such as names, business phone numbers, and business e-mail addresses. Additionally, React & Share may need you to provide user names, passwords and other such credentials to be used in the authentication of Authorised Users as well as the validation of their actions or are otherwise needed in order to provide access to the Askem Service.
You may also need to provide certain information about your payment method, such as your credit card details. The payments are managed by the payment solutions service provider of React & Share and React & Share only receives the information about your payment method necessary for the payment of Askem Service fees, which may include [the four last numbers and the year and month of expiry of your credit card. React & Share may also collect details of made and unpaid payments and payment times.
The data React & Share collects about you may also include information it receives [in connection with you subscribing to newsletters or filling out online forms, as well as information it receives from your email interaction or other contact you may have with React & Share in connection with the Askem Service.
1.2 Information collected automatically
Certain information about you or your device may also be collected automatically in connection with your use of the Askem Service, including information such as your IP-address, access times, device type and model, unique ID and operating system version of the device, and other such technical information.]
2. THE USE OF PERSONAL DATA
2.1 The main reason React & Share collects, uses, processes and stores your personal data is to allow it to provide the Askem Service to you.
2.2 React & Share generally only saves your personal data for as long as it is necessary for React & Share to perform the Agreement to provide the Askem Service to you, unless complying with the legal obligations of React & Share requires storage of the personal data for a longer period of time.
2.3 React & Share always processes your data in accordance with the applicable data protection legislation, including the GDPR. The legal base for processing your personal data is either to perform a contract, for the purposes of a legitimate interest, or to comply with a legal obligation.
React & Share may use the personal data to extent necessary for the purposes of:
- setting up and maintaining your registration with the Askem Service and fulfilling your requests;
- providing available Askem Service features;
- ensuring the technical functionality and security of the Askem Service;
- operating, managing, developing and improving the Askem Service;
- personalising the Askem Service;
- communicating with you;
- enforcing the general terms and conditions for using the Askem Service;
- auditing the Askem Service and analysing the Askem Service and usage patterns of the Askem Service;
- charging applicable Askem Service fees;
- market research and direct electronic marketing in accordance with applicable law;
- protecting the rights and property of React & Share as well as preventing and investigating fraud and other misuses; and
- complying with the legal obligations of React & Share and otherwise in connection with law enforcement or other civil or criminal legal proceedings.
3. SHARING PERSONAL DATA
3.1 Unless otherwise stated below, React & Share does not sell, lease, rent or otherwise disclose personal data to unauthorised third parties without your consent.
3.3 The Askem Service is provided using resources located within the EU. React & Share is also entitled to transfer personal data outside the European Union or the European Economic Area in compliance with the applicable data protection legislation. You may however choose to use certain Askem Service features that may enable your personal data to be transferred to third party service providers, such as payment processors, in which case the location of such third party service providers may be anywhere in the world, and personal data may be transferred outside the country of your residence or the country where the Askem Service is used, which may include countries outside the European Economic Area that do not have similar laws providing specific protection for personal data or that have different legal rules on data protection.
3.4 React & Share may be obligated by mandatory legislation to disclose personal data about you to certain authorities, such as law enforcement agencies. React & Share may also process personal data about you in connection with defending the legitimate interests of React & Share in civil or criminal legal proceedings or to prevent and investigate fraud and other misuses.
3.6 In addition, React & Share may disclose or make available to third parties certain automatically-collected, aggregated, or otherwise non-personally-identifiable information that does not constitute personal data and does not allow the identification of individual users.
4. YOUR RIGHTS
4.1 You have the following legal rights relating to your personal data which you may, as appropriate and in accordance with the applicable data protection legislation, exercise by contacting React & Share through the contact points referred to below under section 6 below:
- the right to know what personal data React & Share holds about you and to request access to such information;
- the right to request the rectification of personal data if the personal data is inaccurate or incomplete;
- the right to request React & Share to delete personal data about you if it is no longer needed for the purposes for which it was collected;
- the right to request React & Share to restrict the processing of your personal data if the personal data is not accurate, the processing is illegal and you object to the deletion of the personal data and instead request for its use to be restricted, if the personal data is no longer needed for the purposes for it was collected but you need it to establish, bring or defend yourself against legal claims, or if you object to the processing by React & Share where React & Share has collected personal data based on its legitimate interest and React & Share is investigating whether your privacy interest overrides the legitimate interest of React & Share;
- the right to object to the processing of personal data that React & Share processes based on its legitimate interest;
- the right to request React & Share to provide the personal data that you provided to React & Share in a structured, commonly-used and machine-readable format and the right to transfer your personal data to another controller if the processing is based on a contract with you and the processing takes place automatically; and
- the right to file a complaint with a relevant supervisory authority regarding the processing of personal data by React & Share.
5. PROTECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
React & Share has taken a number of different technical and organizational measures to protect your personal data from unauthorized access, use and disclosure. Only selected employees and contractors have access to the personal data files. The measures include, where appropriate, encryption, firewalls, secure facilities and access rights systems.
6. THE CONTROLLER OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Your personal data is controlled by React & Share Oy, Teollisuuskatu 21, 00550 Helsinki, Finland.
If you have any questions concerning the way React & Share processes your personal data or want to contact React & Share for any other reason relating to your personal data, you may contact React & Share by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
7. ACCESSING PERSONAL DATA FROM THIRD PARTIES
7.1 Use of Google user data
The Askem Service enables you to sign in with your Google account. By signing in using Google Sign-in, you agree to share your email address and basic profile information with Askem Service and React & Share. Shared information is stored by React & Share for the purpose of providing the Askem Service to you.
8. COOKIES AND LOCAL STORAGE TECHNOLOGIES
8.1 The Askem Services may use “cookies” and other industry standard local storage technologies and tools like pixel tags, web beacons and local shared objects (flash cookies) to enhance user experience and analyse the use of the Askem Services.
8.3 Local storage technologies and tools may also be placed on your device by React & Share’s third-party partners and service providers. The Askem Services may also contain advertisements served by third parties that deliver third-party cookies or other tracking technologies to your device so your online activities across third-party sites or online services can be tracked for advertising purposes. React & Share has no access to or control over the third-party cookies and technologies.
The Network Advertising Initiative provides opt-out mechanisms from some behavioural online advertising: http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/.
Users located in the European Union can learn of their rights relating to online advertising at https://www.youronlinechoices.eu.
For more information about cookies and how to delete them, visit https://www.allaboutcookies.org.
Note that you may prevent local shared objects from being stored by following the instructions provided by Adobe at http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/disable-local-shared-objects-flash.html.
8.6.1 The Askem Service uses Google Analytics and other web analytics services to compile reports on visitor usage and to help React & Share improve the Askem Services.
8.6.3 You can read more about how Google uses personal information here: https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/
For an overview of Google Analytics, please visit: https://www.google.com/analytics/
You can opt-out of Google Analytics with this browser add-on tool: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
8.6.4 You can read more about how other third-party partners use personal information here:
LinkedIn Insights: https://www.linkedin.com/legal/privacy-policy